Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environment including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs in Tigerpaw within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Cureent CCNA and/or CCDA certification
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus
- Additional certifications required by management
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 75-95% of the time and lift up to 100 pounds
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions